As a Senior Manufacturing Process Engineer, you will be a part of Manufacturing and Supply Chain organization with a primary focus on supporting end-to-end manufacturing at the Ribbon contract manufacturing (CM) location. Drawing upon your expertise, you will also lead Design for Manufacturability projects of PWB, PWA and mechanical assemblies and apply lean initiatives to focus on yield maximization and cost reduction through the development and enhancement of production processes. This is a resident position at our CM in Guadalajara, Mexico.
- Develop new and/or support existing manufacturing processes and equipment technologies to enable low cost, high quality manufacturing.
- Support CM with designing and qualifying new custom tooling/equipment.
- Maintain current production processes and assist in smooth transfer of new processes onto the production lines both internally and at the subcontract manufacturing base.
- Develop Lean Production Cells and Plant Layouts.
- Closely work and assist external manufacturers in resolving day-to-day manufacturing and quality issues in relation to: Audits findings, Problem solving and resolution on relevant issues, Process validation, Technical specifications, pilot builds etc.
- Work closely with engineering on new product and process development
- Design for Manufacturability of PWB, PWA and Mechanical Assemblies, Requirements and acceptability of Footprints, IPC and Jedec Standard requirements. Pre and post build DFA / DFM reviews, Drive DFX issues from End of Build Reports
- Provide support for Engineering Bill of Materials (BOM), Engineering Change Requests (ECR), ECOs, Deviation and Purges
- Handover of new processes from development to production. Ensure all appropriate engineering prints, work instructions and all other essential process related documentation is in place prior to production start.
- Perform and evaluate prototype and first article builds of PCAs and mechanical assemblies and provide feedback to the development team
- Apply lean manufacturing methods to cut product cycle time and costs.