Technical Support Engineering - Technical Specialist
Sonus (Ribbon Communications) brings the next generation of Cloud-based SIP and 4G/VoLTE solutions to its customers by enabling and securing mission critical traffic for VoIP, video, IM and online collaboration. With Sonus, enterprises can intelligently secure and prioritize real-time communications, while service providers can deliver reliable, secure real-time services for mobile, UC and social applications. Sonus (Ribbon Communications) offers an award-winning portfolio of hardware-based and virtualized Session Border Controllers (SBCs), Diameter Signaling Controllers (DSCs), Network-as-a-Service (NaaS) capabilities, Policy/Routing servers and media/signaling gateways.
The role of Technical Specialist is working in the EMEA Customer Technical Support Group, based in Prague, for a given customer or customers. Responsible for receiving, owning, working and ultimately resolving all issues relating to the named customer(s) including priority bug tracking, escalations, RMA, upgrades, deployment, etc. and any additional duties deemed necessary by TAC management.
- Provide Technical Assistance Centre (TAC) cover to Tier 3 level support responsibilities with minimal direction from management as needed.
- Establish an area of expertise with guidance from management in which the engineer will work toward becoming the SME (Subject Matter Expert)
- Update CRM and own and work customer Incident Reports to conclusion effectively accurately and in a timely manner.
- Take direction from TAC management but also work independently as needed providing guidance, drive and leadership to more junior engineers.
- Communicate effectively, clearly and concisely (both written and verbal) with management /customer(s)/Vendors and peers.
- Build and maintain skills on current and legacy Sonus platform and applicable technologies as well as identifying, engaging and training for needs of future platform/releases/applicable technologies.
- Lead in escalating 3rd party vendor field problems.
- Perform other duties as may be required to insure success of the support team and customers.
- Travel as needed to customer sites for purpose of onsite support or resident engineer types of activities.
- Work out of regular daytime hours or weekend on occasion in order to accommodate customer maintenance windows and customer schedules.