To represent Ribbon as an Integration Engineer responsible for Integration and Customer Acceptance of a wide range of Ribbon and, third party products. This position will focus on, deploying and integrating complex data networks using multiple platforms through the use of specifications and design documents. To support the network deployment and perform within the scope of assigned projects as per Ribbon’s commitment to meet or surpass Customer expectations. This role fulfils services sold and include, but are not limited to, Configuration, Integration, Test, Migration, and Solution validation.
- Complete all projects as per the scope of the defined Sow’s, (statement of work) within the budgetary constraints as defined by provided hourly budgets.
- Ensure quality of project delivery, insuring that the project tasks are performed adhering to approved practices using approved documentation.
- Develop customer loyalty and satisfaction through accountability of delivery and integrity of customer interface and reporting
- On complex and multi nodal customer networks, act as Integration Prime to ensure smooth flow of Customer Requirements.
This can be defined as:
Review and comprehend Network and Logical Design as provided by Network Design Engineering. Apply applicable Protocols to the switches and products as dictated by Customer and Network Requirements, (IP, FR, ATM, MPLS, PNNI, etc.). Create and Apply Scripts based on Design Spec Book. Deploy to Customer site to Perform Commissioning, Integration and Nodal Test Plans/Provisioning as stated in NTP’s, IM’s, and current Release notes or defined through Interoperability lab testing. Provision from GUI or CLI Integrate WAN and LAN Customer Networks as Designed and required by Customer/Network Engineering expectations. Perform System Administrator Unix functions on NMS and HP Workstations Troubleshoot Product issues across all layers of the OSI model.
Delivery of NI Services such as:
- Trunk turn-up and test
- Trunk Migration services
- OAM migration
- Element Manager Customization
- Solution integration into customer networks
- Network Test and Verification implementations
- Configuration, integration and testing of supported 3rd party network elements
- Troubleshoot Product issues. Work with other Technical Support Teams for resolution of all Network Issues. Report on Implementation and Commissioning Progress to Management and Account Team.
- High mobility and flexibility is required as projects are across North America.
- Travel can be up to two weeks in duration.
- Travel for deployment can consistently be as high as 100%.
- May be required to work off normal business hours.