Experience and Skills:
The GPS New Grad will be responsible for working closely with Customers, Technical Support (Tier 1 level support), R&D, Global Software Delivery, Trials, other GPS teams, and peers to resolve customer issues. Major areas of focus:
- Prime investigations providing timely feedback as to the status of reported issues along with guidance for problem and defect resolution within responsiveness guidelines.
- Provide telephone, electronic, and on-site technical support assisting the Emergency Recovery (ER) group with product outage recovery and root cause analysis on a flexible schedule as needed.
- Work with all business functions within RIBBON to drive resolution and closure of customer issues and business requirements balancing software quality with timely delivery of fixes.
- Set up lab configurations and call flows to reproduce and troubleshoot issues in RIBBON’s labs and customer networks.
- Work with design teams as the customer representative, defining complete requirements for deliverables.
- Opportunities exist to update product code, provide defect resolution, and work with R&D and architecture teams on improvements
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or another technical discipline (with computer coursework)
- Must be driven, enthusiastic, hardworking, a self-starter, eager to learn, and have a strong work ethic
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Great problem-solving skills
- Some programming/scripting experience
- TCP/IP networking knowledge is an asset
- Working knowledge of Java and C++
- Knowledge of SIP/SDP and associated VoIP protocols
- Knowledge of UNIX/Linux operating systems
'All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.'