About Ribbon: Ribbon Communications is a company with two decades of leadership in real-time communications. Built on world class technology and intellectual property, the company delivers intelligent, secure, embedded real-time communications for today’s world.
Position Title: Associate Marketing & Events Manager
Location: Plano, TX
The Associate Marketing and Events Manager will team lead the events planning team. He or she will ensure that the team plans, conducts, and coordinates a range of marketing and communications activities, including trade shows, industry events and advertising. He/She will lead/direct the Corporate Marketing Team to implement the overall marketing plan to support and promote Ribbon Communication’s corporate, product and solutions messaging to the global communications market. He or she will also be responsible for carrying out these activities directly. This role interfaces internally and externally to support activities aimed at increasing Ribbon Communication’s brand presence. Strong project management, problem solving, decision making and research skills are essential. This role requires the ability to communicate clearly with various departments and project manage for a variety of marketing communication responsibilities. The Associate Marketing and Events Manager will also serve as an initial escalation point during the event, as well as in the planning. The Associate Marketing and Events Manager will exemplify excellence in customer service and brand representation.
• Lead the day-to-day functions of the Marketing and Events team, providing coaching, performance feedback and operational support to the team
• Evaluate and manage all Human Resource aspects of the team, including goal setting, on-going performance status, real-time feedback, and hiring
• Collaborate cross-organizationally with other functions and leaders to ensure excellence in event delivery
• Coordinate all aspects of select Ribbon Communications events, including advance preparation, project planning and management, budgeting, contract negotiation, exhibit design and presence, materials management, on-site staffing, and post-event evaluation
• Support the design, development, and distribution of marketing materials including ads, brochures, newsletters, and direct mail pieces; oversee printing and distribution of all collateral material
• Attendance and performance at all major Ribbon Communications events required. Domestic and international travel equates to approximately 40 days per year
• Develop budgets, track expenses, and prepare reports on select events and projects; monitor and report progress to Marketing management
• Resolve emerging issues at the event, using problem-solving skills
• Act as a brand champion for Ribbon Communications, driving quality and consistency of messaging across all marketing materials