Experience and Skills:
· BS or MS CS/EE or equivalent experience and 2+ years in product support engineering within telecommunications and/or data communications.
· Must be familiar with carrier class networking and telephony environments with an emphasis on next generation IP services
· Knowledge of and demonstrated experience in one or more of the following areas of specialization required: VoIP protocols (SIP, H.323, MGCP, RTP/RTCP), H.248, DNS, NAT, RADIUS, SNMP, LAN/WAN data networking architectures and routing protocols, IP Telephony Architectures and, Security and Quality of Service (MPLS/DiffServ).
· Strong understanding of Linux/Unix with considerable exposure to shell scripting.
· Strong understanding of database (mysql, psql)
· Excellent organizational skills.
· Excellent written and oral communication skills.
· Software experience such scripting, programming will enhance this candidature
· Prior experience with Q-series SBC (formerly GENBAND SBC) desirable