Ribbon is a global leader of Next Generation Network (NGN) solutions,
helping fixed, mobile and cable service providers around the world
evolve communications networks through IP innovation. The company
offers the industry’s most comprehensive, standards-based switching
portfolio, with products deployed in over two-thirds of the world’s
100 largest service provider networks. Headquartered in Plano, Texas,
Ribbon operates Centers of Excellence globally and serves customers
and partners in more than 80 countries.
Ribbon provides a comprehensive support strategy for all product
purchases through the company. The crucial elements, our technical
assistance center, hardware repair or replacement options, plus access
to software maintenance are combined into a convenient RibbonCare
support package. RibbonCare offers the following benefits:
• Remote support for troubleshooting and problem resolution of
• Access to Ribbon expertise for product knowledge regarding system usage
• Secure website for online customer service
• Technical information distribution
Ribbon Product Support is looking for an enthusiastic and innovative
individual to join its team of highly skilled engineers supporting
Ribbon’s leading-edge products. The team is responsible for resolving
critical customer issues by working closely with R&D and assisting
Tier 1 support organizations. The ideal candidate will enjoy working
in a fast paced high pressure environment on the leading edge of
technology, working with some of world’s largest telephone carriers.
Some of the responsibilities of the team include:
- Prime the investigation and drive closure for customer issues
within RibbonCare responsiveness guidelines.
- Provide telephone, electronic, and on-site technical support
assisting the Emergency Recovery (ER) group with product outage
recovery and root cause analysis.
- Work with all business functions within Ribbon to drive resolution
of customer issues and drive business requirements.
- Programming and code debugging experience in C++. Embedded systems
and Windows-based IDE’s.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Knowledge of Linux/Unix systems
- Excellent TCP/IP knowledge, network debugging and analysis
- Must be a team player with the ability to work individually.
- Knowledge of Cloud computing and virtualization, database
operations and management are considered assets
- Interface directly with customers via phone, email, and IM.
- Able to learn and adapt to new services, systems and technologies
- Self-motivated, customer oriented and able to work effectively in
a time critical environment and as part of wider geographically
- 24/7 On call support on a rotational basis
- Support on weekends and evenings for maintenance windows to
minimize impacts in live networks required on an adhoc basis