About Ribbon (Nasdaq: RBBN)
We deliver global real-time communications software and network
solutions to service providers, enterprises, and critical
infrastructure sectors. We engage deeply with our customers, helping
them modernize their networks for improved competitive positioning and
business outcomes in today’s smart, always-on and data-hungry world.
Our innovative, end-to-end solutions portfolio delivers unparalleled
scale, performance, agility and automation and includes optical and
packet networking, core to edge IP solutions, UCaaS/ CPaaS cloud
offers, and leading-edge software security and analytics tools.
To learn more, visit rbbn.com
Position Title: Sr. Manager, Test
Engineering Sr. Tech Specialist
Location: Plano, TX
- Manage a team of Test Engineers on a day-to-day basis, assigning
and prioritizing tasks for the Tech Ops team. Perform HR/admin
functions of performance management, professional development, time
Coordinate realization of efficient and effective end-to-end test
processes for Ribbon
SBC, Media Gateway, Call Control, and Edge
products – supporting new production and RMAs.
- Coordinate realization of efficient and effective end-to-end test
processes for all Ribbon products – supporting new production and RMAs.
- Engage with Supply Chain Engineering (SCE) and HW Design teams for
NPI, re-spin, component obsolescence, and new supplier qualification
activities. Work with SCE and NPI program managers to schedule,
validate and release test programs to apply periodic Ribbon product
- Work closely with Quality, SCE, and Factory Operations teams to
resolve technical/test issues at CM.
- Drive continual improvements in test effectiveness based on CM
yield and defect performance metrics and DOA / RMA failure analysis
performed by the Tech Ops team.
- Coordinate training for CM diagnostic and repair teams for
efficient troubleshooting methods and process.
- Represent Ribbon Technical Operations at Quarterly Business
Reviews (QBRs) with CMs. Provide scoring on CM performance and
drive forward-looking objectives and actions. Proactively identify
risks related to CM capacity, people resources and processes that
could ultimately impact service and revenue.
- Coordinate transfer of product test capability as required to meet
- Develop and manage annual budget for all capital and other expenditures.