Ribbon Communications is a company with two decades of leadership in real-time communications. Built on world class technology and intellectual property, the company delivers intelligent, secure, embedded real-time communications for today’s world. The company transforms fixed, mobile and enterprise networks from legacy environments to secure IP and cloud-based architectures, enabling highly productive communications for consumers and businesses. With 64 locations in 27 countries around the globe, the company’s innovative, market-leading portfolio empowers service providers and enterprises with rapid service creation in a fully virtualized environment. The company’s Kandy Communications Platform as a Service (CPaaS) delivers a comprehensive set of advanced embedded communications capabilities that enables this transformation. To learn more, visit ribboncommunications.com.
The position will principally drive the business within the sales region to ensure its successful growth and achievement of business goals. The primary objective of this role is to act as first point of contact for high-touch sales engagements & partners and lead cross functional support including marketing, pre sales, account management and planning for all channel and distribution partners; creating specific account plans focused on revenue objectives and ensuring a high level of support for the channel. Main responsibility is to achieve or exceed the assigned sales quota by identifying and closing new prospects in the region and building a solid sales funnel for future revenue.
The Account Manager will be expected to execute a wining sales strategy for each account/prospect and work with and the Sales Engineer to present Ribbon solution and differentiators, deliver technical and commercial proposals to prospects and customers, and respond to RFP/RFI/RFQs. Work with Ribbon partners where appropriate, attend trade shows, conferences and network within industry. Proactively communicate with your manager on progress within the region, strategic opportunities and customer requirements. Establish accurate sales revenue projections including maintaining the Ribbon internal systems used by management for forecasting and manufacturing. Manage cross-functional pre- and post-sales resources in day-to-day operations to ensure a high level of customer support and satisfaction.
Core Job Functions:
- Implement development campaign in the region for both existing and new accounts by successfully positioning Ribbon Communication solutions and services.Define a winning sales strategy for each account or prospect in the region.
- Mange the timely and accurate response to RFPs and RFIs as they come in from customers.
- Attend trade shows, conferences and network within the industry to maintain the Ribbon Communication market position and communications at a high level.
- Expand the current Ribbon relationship with existing partners and develop a list of targeted prospects to jointly pursue
- Work with Ribbon sales force to coordinate joint selling