Ribbon Communications is a company with two decades of leadership in real-time communications. Built on world class technology and intellectual property, the company delivers intelligent, secure, embedded real-time communications for today’s world. The company transforms fixed, mobile and enterprise networks from legacy environments to secure IP and cloud-based architectures, enabling highly productive communications for consumers and businesses. With 64 locations in 27 countries around the globe, the company’s innovative, market-leading portfolio empowers service providers and enterprises with rapid service creation in a fully virtualized environment. The company’s Kandy Communications Platform as a Service (CPaaS) delivers a comprehensive set of advanced embedded communications capabilities that enables this transformation. To learn more, visit ribboncommunications.com.
Position Title: Kandy Wrappers Product Manager
Location: Teleworker - US/Canada only (New York preferred)
About Kandy Wrappers
Kandy provides SDKs and APIs to embed real-time communications (RTC) into consumer and business applications. However, not all Communication Service Providers (CSP) have a developer team or resources to leverage the APIs and SDKs to provide custom applications to the users. Sometimes, they just want to be able to choose a pre-built functionality and resell it or inject it into a website with minimal customization. For those CSPs that are more used to deploy products than building apps, Ribbon has created Kandy Wrappers.
Kandy Wrappers are pre-packaged, fully functional software applications that you can deliver standalone or insert into your website or application to endow it with embedded real-time communications capabilities. Kandy Wrappers allow CSPs to accelerate their time to market by significantly reducing their implementation efforts and costs.
To learn more, visit:
About the Role
Kandy is growing, and we’re looking for an experienced Product Manager who can work collaboratively with current small Kandy Wrapper product team, large Ribbon partners and sales teams to help define customer requirements, define product features and improvements, manage deployment, prepare marketing materials and demos, and drive strategy and direction for Kandy Wrappers as it continues to grow across industry verticals and channels. Great opportunity to participate in many aspects of product life cycle from development to support.
The successful candidate will have experience managing all aspects of a product, as well as possessing exceptional customer-facing communications and presentation skills with experience leading discussions and managing customer engagements. Responsibilities will include:
- Conduct software research and competitive analysis research
- Product Manager duties for new customers and new products for existing customers
- New customer onboarding and support of existing customers, working with Ribbon support and customers
- Testing and troubleshooting of customer issues and support tickets
- Powerpoint presentations for new products, prospective customers, demos, GTM, etc
- Excel product and customer mathematical modeling
- Create and manage Wrapper demos (Live Support, VA and Voice AI)
- Work with Ribbon sales, Ribbon trials, and prospective customers on Wrapper demos
- Conduct first demos with prospective customers
- Update user guides, training and marketing materials
- Write Epics/requirements for feature improvements and new products
- Conduct wrapper training with Ribbon employees and customers
We expect you to be able to work and communicate across organizations at all levels, and where teams and individuals are distributed globally. It is particularly important that you have experience leading cross functionally with customers, engineers, operations, support teams, etc.