Ribbon Communications is a company with two decades of leadership in real-time communications. Built on world class technology and intellectual property, the company delivers intelligent, secure, embedded real-time communications for today’s world. The company transforms fixed, mobile and enterprise networks from legacy environments to secure IP and cloud-based architectures, enabling highly productive communications for consumers and businesses. With 64 locations in 27 countries around the globe, the company’s innovative, market-leading portfolio empowers service providers and enterprises with rapid service creation in a fully virtualized environment. The company’s Kandy Communications Platform as a Service (CPaaS) delivers a comprehensive set of advanced embedded communications capabilities that enables this transformation. To learn more, visit ribboncommunications.com.
Position Title: Professional Services Engineering Intern
Location: Richardson, TX
Ribbon Communications seeks a bright and energetic individual to work as an intern in the Professional Services Engineering Lab located in Richardson TX.
The Professional Services Engineering Intern will function as an assistant to various Ribbon test engineers and shall carry the following responsibility:
Assist in the installation and configuration of various servers received into the Lab
- Learn and apply standard wiring practices to successfully interconnect installed servers to the lab IP network infrastructure and terminal server networks
- Assist in the inventory management of Ribbon assets as required
- Assist in VoIP testing efforts as necessary
- Be assigned and complete projects designed to test and leverage intern’s skills obtained through graduate studies
- Assist in VoIP interoperability certifications to include SIP, H.323, TLS, RTP and SRTP protocols
- Assist in creation of applications notes resulting from interoperability testing
- Assist in creation and testing of OpenStack Cloud environments