Ribbon Communications is a company with two decades of leadership in real-time communications. Built on world class technology and intellectual property, the company delivers intelligent, secure, embedded real-time communications for today’s world. The company transforms fixed, mobile and enterprise networks from legacy environments to secure IP and cloud-based architectures, enabling highly productive communications for consumers and businesses. With 64 locations in 27 countries around the globe, the company’s innovative, market-leading portfolio empowers service providers and enterprises with rapid service creation in a fully virtualized environment. The company’s Kandy Communications Platform as a Service (CPaaS) delivers a comprehensive set of advanced embedded communications capabilities that enables this transformation. To learn more, visit ribboncommunications.com.
We are offering a great opportunity for experienced Field Support Engineers, based out of Tokyo, Japan.
The role would suit a candidate with technical experience in a telecommunications software installation role with a solid technical background in telecommunications or system administration. It is just preferred including: VoIP, SS7, ISDN, SQL, IP Networking, Linux/Cloud or related, but not mandatory. We also require good customer skills and knowledge of test systems and installation practices.
As a Field Support Engineer you will be responsible for supporting lab and network deployments of Ribbon Communications’ Voice over IP switching software and applications. Specific tasks include but are not limited to:
- Working with customer/lab personnel to plan and engineer any new equipment deployments
- Providing knowledge of Ribbon Communications and Third-party equipment in setup and configuration
- Ensuring proper and appropriate installation of Network Equipment
- Performing initial testing on equipment to verify proper installation and configuration
- Detailing testing requirements and plans and generating and executing appropriate test cases
- Able to operate independently while on location at customer locations
- Communicate effectively, clearly and concisely (both written and verbal) with management, customers and peers in English
- Working with Ribbon partners and other equipment manufactures through interoperability testing and subsequent issue resolution
- Driving to appropriate resolution any issues that are discovered with Ribbon equipment either personally or by working with Ribbon support/engineering staff
- Effective and complete follow-up on all issues and items
- Flexible with working hours on occasion in order to accommodate customer maintenance windows and customer schedule
This position will interface with multiple aspects of the organization including customer service, program management, quality assurance and development engineering.