Ribbon is looking for a proven, highly successful pre-sales engineer to support an Enterprise and Channel account base. The Senior Systems Engineer (SSE) will provide technical assistance to the Account Director and is responsible for all pre-sales technical efforts as well as post-sale support on those accounts. In addition, the SSE will provide guidance and help to other Sales Engineers assigned on an as needed basis to target specific opportunities.
The SSE will work with the Account Director to identify revenue opportunities within an identified group of named accounts and geographic territory and will help drive into new accounts using his technical knowledge of trends within the industry.
The SSE will coordinate and provide technical support to ensure that the best and most appropriate Ribbon solution is selected. They will be expected to develop an in depth understanding of the Ribbon product portfolio such that they can be responsible to develop and present product and applications presentations to potential partners and customers. They will act as lead technical resource on technical Bids, RFI's and RFP's directing the efforts of the Bids and Proposals Team at corporate, provide high-level network architecture support and work with Professional Services to validate customer architecture. They will interface with Ribbon PLM and Marketing to review and plan for customer requirements. They will coordinate and lead lab trials directing a variety of resources; interface with customers and Ribbon engineering as issues arise, monitor bug fixes and track feature development in code releases and ensure that the relationship between Ribbon and the assigned account is strong. They will provide on-going technical presentations to various organizations within the assigned accounts to uncover future opportunities and to strengthen the business relationship.
- Responsible for the pre-sales of Ribbon products/systems.
- Provide deep level technical assistance to the regional Account Manager for accounts in Enterprise and Channel partners within the theatre.
- Oversee all Pre- and Post-sales efforts within the assigned accounts.
- Demonstrates an excellent overall understanding of the telecommunications and enterprise / channel industry, its products, services and technologies.
- Provides technical support in sales presentations, quotation development and product demonstrations
- Has a passion for quality and attention to detail.
- Ability to work in a fast paced rapidly changing environment with a hands-on mentality toward assigned tasks and responsibilities
- Work with the Account Director/Team to identify revenue opportunities within the targeted account base (both existing and new).
- Coordinate and proactively provide technical support to ensure that Ribbon solutions are selected.
- Develop and present product and application solutions to potential customers.
- Ability to interact and influence people within different areas of the organization
- Respond to technical questions, bids, RFQ’s, RFI's, RFP's.
- Provide high-level network architecture support and work with the Ribbon Professional Services team to validate customers architecture.
- Coordinate and lead Service Provider, partner and enterprise lab trials and proof of concepts.
- Interface with Ribbon PLM and Marketing to review and proactively plan for customer requirements.
- Provide answers to customer enquiries concerning system software requirements, applications and provide guidance and consultation to prospective users. i.e. become the distributors, partners and customers trusted advisor.
- Comfortable in training partners on product releases and roadmap updates.
- Interface with customers, and Ribbon engineering as issues arise, monitor bug fixes and track feature development in code releases.
- Ensure that the relationship between Ribbon and the assigned accounts is extremely strong and proactively look for ways to grow Ribbon business.
- Conduct on-going technical presentations to various organizations within the assigned Service Provider and Enterprise / Channel Theatre to uncover future opportunities and to strengthen the business relationship.
- Identify and qualify new opportunities and work with solution partners and emerging channels to win new business and grow the footprint within the territory.
- Ability to present to C level and on Ribbons solutions.
- Ability to travel extensively as and when required.