Ribbon Communications is a company with two decades of leadership in real-time communications. Built on world class technology and intellectual property, the company delivers intelligent, secure, embedded real-time communications for today’s world. The company transforms fixed, mobile and enterprise networks from legacy environments to secure IP and cloud-based architectures, enabling highly productive communications for consumers and businesses. With 64 locations in 27 countries around the globe, the company’s innovative, market-leading portfolio empowers service providers and enterprises with rapid service creation in a fully virtualized environment. The company’s Kandy Communications Platform as a Service (CPaaS) delivers a comprehensive set of advanced embedded communications capabilities that enables this transformation. To learn more, visit ribboncommunications.com.
Position Title: Chief Field Architect
This role will be responsible for leading the Technical Analytics Practice within the Sales Engineering organization. The primary responsibility is to make sure that all account facing teams have the tools, support and information that they need to propose a solution and to provide guidance and expertise in making sure that proposals are driven forward with customers with appropriate architecture and construction.
- Providing full support to account facing AM/SE teams in order to accelerate Interest->PO Cycle
- Maintain a deep understanding of generally available technology and Ribbon product fit within the technology. Understand what Ribbon does well and our key differentiator.
- Maintain mastery of Ribbon deployment models used
- Understand pros/cons for each model
- Leverage similar deployment experience to repeat success and avoid pitfalls
- Support architectural and 2nd/3rd meeting conversations with customer technical primes – Provide confidence through capability + real world experience
- Help identify during customer interactions the key use cases and data sets required to extract meaningful intelligence that helps the customer address a need. Work with the engineering and other pre-sales PoC assets to model and present a compelling value-add to the customer that ensures a purchase.
- Consult with PLM with specific input on customer needs and feedback consolidating and organizing observations from across the spectrum. Collect and prioritize the field requirements and liaise with Product Marketing to ensure timely development and release.
- Provide competitive intelligence back to PLM / R&D teams on capability, pricing and offers that are being seen with customers and potential customers
- Ensure that projects get off on the right foot by making sure that technical decisions and architectures are provided to the deployment team with clarity / consistency
- Develop and grow customer and partner relationships as an authority in the technology
- Assist account facing teams with Quotes and Statements of Work for critical customer engagements
- Partner with other cross-functional Ribbon teams including PLM, Engineering, SEA/CTO, Services/VO, Support, Legal, Order Management and Marketing. Build trusting relationships across the company.
- Drive customer satisfaction across the Analytics customer base.
- Drive efficiency in the technical sales process – demo/eval/POC/close rates
- Develop, support, communicate design, sizing, deployment/implementation documentation
- Act as a sounding board and trusted advisor to Sales leadership
- Best practice sharing with not just the Analytics team but globally providing lessons across the board (case studies, wins/losses, complex designs)
- Ensure Ribbon is reacting quickly and comprehensively to any/all service interruptions. Even if the Support team and Service Managers are responsible – make sure they’re making progress and that actions have the appropriate urgency and a solid customer communication plan is being executed
- Identify SE skill and knowledge gaps. Articulate training needs to marketing and product management and ensure relevant material is produced and develop SE skillset through our own communication, webinars, etc.
- Keep abreast of technical trends in the industry.