Ribbon Communications is a company with two decades of leadership in real-time communications. Built on world class technology and intellectual property, the company delivers intelligent, secure, embedded real-time communications for today’s world. The company transforms fixed, mobile and enterprise networks from legacy environments to secure IP and cloud-based architectures, enabling highly productive communications for consumers and businesses. With 64 locations in 27 countries around the globe, the company’s innovative, market-leading portfolio empowers service providers and enterprises with rapid service creation in a fully virtualized environment. The company’s Kandy Communications Platform as a Service (CPaaS) delivers a comprehensive set of advanced embedded communications capabilities that enables this transformation. To learn more, visit ribboncommunications.com.
Position Title: Cloud Operations Security Engineer, Kandy Business Solutions
Location: Research Triangle Park, NC
Ribbon Communications is seeking a Cloud Security Engineer to drive business critical projects in a dynamic and fast-paced environment. As a Cloud Security Engineer working with the Kandy Business Solutions (KBS) team, you will join a world-class team responsible for end to end operations of cloud services. More specifically, you will be responsible for the overall security architecture of our cloud-based solutions, including determining security requirements; planning, implementing, and testing production systems. Assistance with network configuration of the current network switches, firewalls and routers may be required. The candidate will also be preparing security standards, policies, and procedures and ensuring they meet with both Ribbon, regulatory and industry-wide security practices.
- Provide strategic direction as it relates to cybersecurity and data privacy initiatives
- Exhibit a detailed understanding of cloud security and cloud infrastructure services
- Architect, design, engineer, implement and integrate cloud security solutions
- Drive implementation of legal, contractual and regulatory security requirements for information security compliance and audit readiness.
- Serve as the central point of contact for security inquiries, incidents and consulting from internal and external sources (clients, regulatory agencies, etc.)
- Create SIEM alarms, develop correlation rules, create and modify policies, and monitor events and trends
- Lead, coach and mentor Cloud Services team to incorporate security while developing highly scalable, distributed applications involving Cloud Ops, DevOps and Security teams